Game Boy games Game Boy (GB) - Play Game Boy games online
The first Game Boy was released back in 1989 as a sequel to the well-known Nintendo Game & Watch pocket games (known in the USSR and Russia by clones called “Well, you wait!”, “Secrets of the ocean”, etc.) It was the first popular portable game system, and many companies tried to replicate the success of the Game Boy, but no one ever succeeded.
The secret of success was simple on one side only: a black and white 160x144 pixel miniature screen, four-channel stereo sound and the GameLink function.
Whenever, for whatever reason, Game Boy sales dwindled, Nintendo released new Game Boy variants to boost sales again. Thus, in November 1996, the Game Boy Pocket appeared, which was 30% smaller than its predecessor, but with a larger screen and only two AAA batteries. Later, the Game Boy Color was released with a color screen, then the Game Boy Advance.
Specifications Game Boy (GB)
- Processor: Sharp LR35902 DMC-CPU, 8-bit (a highly simplified version of Sharp's Zilog Z80), clocked at 4.194304 MHz
- Main memory: 64 kbps (8 kb)
- Video memory: 64 kbps (8 kb)
- Screen Size: 2.6" (66mm)
- Resolution: 160×144 pixels
- Maximum number of sprites: 40, but no more than 10 per line
- Sprite sizes: 8x16 or 8x8 pixels
- Horizontal: 9198 kHz
- Vertical scan, 59.73 Hz
- Sound: 4-channel, stereo
- Power: DC6V 0.7W - 4 AA cells
- Dimensions: 148×90×32 mm
- Weight (with batteries): 394 g
- Min/Max Cartridge Capacity: 256 kbps - 4 Mbps (32-500 kb)
Game Boy Accessories (GB)
- Game Boy Pocket Sonar - a device for finding fish underwater. Includes a mini-game about fishing.
- Game Boy Camera and Game Boy Printer - screenshot printer, black and white camera. Some games included.
- The Super Game Boy is a plug-in cartridge for the SNES that allows you to play Game Boy games on your TV.
- The Transfer Pak is a device for transferring data between Game Boy Color and Nintendo 64 games.
- Game Link Cable - allows you to connect two consoles to play in multiplayer mode.
- Game Boy Four Player Adapter - allows you to combine up to four consoles for multiplayer games.
- Game Boy Battery Pack - extra battery for 4-5 hours of play.