Game Boy Color Games Game Boy Color (GBC) - Play Game Boy Color games online
The Game Boy Color is a handheld game system, the successor to the Game Boy , released by Nintendo on October 21, 1998 in Japan, November 1998 in North America, and 1999 in Europe.
The game console was equipped with an LCD display with a color gamut comparable to the NES. More than 700 games have been released for the system in various genres (arcade, RPG, strategy, simulation, sports games), a large proportion of games were games about the Pokemon universe (Pokemon). Also, games were released in the most unexpected genres for a portable console, for example, in the Survival Horror genre (Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare and Resident Evil Gaiden).
A slump in Game Boy Color sales came in early 2001 when Nintendo released a new version of the Game Boy , the Game Boy Advance .
Game Boy Color Specifications
- Processor : 8-bit Z80, 8 MHz.
- Memory : main memory - 32 kb, video memory - 16 kb.
- Sound : speakers (mono) / headphones (stereo)
- Screen : 32k colors (16bit), 56 colors simultaneously, 160x144 pixels, 60mm screen size.
- Dimensions : 132×78×26.
- Color : eight colors: purple, purple-transparent (pictured), light green, yellow, blue, red, black and orange.
- Optional :
- Serial port;
- infrared port.
Powered by 2 AA batteries (3 volts). The system is compatible with original Game Boy games, which are shown in 4 colors.